Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I don't abuse my kids

Just as the title of this post suggested, I DON'T ABUSE MY KIDS. I have however passed on a little tradition that my Dad passed on to me.

Sometimes when the boys and I are playing around and "wrestling" I'll say, "Do I need to spank your butt?" And they'll say, "No!!" But then wait for me to bend them over my knee and spank them. (But what I actually do is put one of my hands on their bottom and lightly hit my own hand. We all get a good laugh out of it, then go on our marry way playing another game. Seriously.)

Yesterday the boys and I had to make a Target run. We got out of the van and Payton (my two year old) chose this very busy time of day to run to the back of the van and repeatedly hit the back taillight and say over and over, "I'm gonna spank your butt!" Only in his exact words it's, "I'm O spank yo butt!!"

At this point all the people passing by look at me with a quizzical look, probably wondering if I really do abuse my kids. But really, how could you abuse a kid that is this cute?

3 comments:

Heather said...

It is amazing what kids do.

Rebecca Talley said...

I love it when my kids say something like that.

Jess said...

I know. You just never know what might pop out of those cute little mouths.